- All administrative/establishment matters including matters relating to personal and terminal benefits in respect of all Gazetted officers, Non-Gazetted officers, CSS, CSCS and CSSS staff including pay fixations & MACP.
- Appointment of CPIO and 1st Appeal Authorities in CEIB under RTI Act, Head of Department and Head of office.
- Deployment of outsourced employees viz., Multi-Tasking Assistant (MTA), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Security Guards and Housekeeping staff.
- All matters relating to purchase/repairs/servicing and maintenance of Office equipment including computers, printers, furniture, air-conditioners etc.
- Arranging disposal of waste paper/condemned articles etc, even e-disposal.
- Preparation of BE/RE for inclusion in Demands for Grant and issuance of financial sanctions.
- Preparation of Professional Services bills from COFEPOSA, Pay bills, T.A. Bills (Foreign and Domestic) on tours/transfer, Medical, furnishing of monthly and quarterly returns, quarterly TDS returns with the Income Tax Department etc.
- Maintenance of GPF Accounts of all classes and calculation of interest accrued thereon.
- Periodic review of budgetary expenditure and monitoring of economy instructions; attend the audit objection relating to administration Section.
COFEPOSA Wing administer COFEPOSA Act, 1974at Central Government Level. It deals with work relating to implementation of the COFEPOSA Act as under :-
- Re-constitution of Screening Committee for the consideration of the proposals for detention.
- Scrutiny of the proposals for detention under the COFEPOSA Act, 1974.
- Issuance of detention orders and its grounds under the COFEPOSA Act, 1974.
- Disposal of representation from and on behalf of the detenus against Detention Order, by Detention authority or Director General, CIEB.
- Making reference of Detention to the Advisory Board for their opinion.
- Issuance of order revoking the Detaining Order as per opinion of the Advisory Board.
- Initiating action under Sec.7(1)(b) &(a) for declaring of persons, who are evading arrest against Detention order, as Proclaimed Offender and subsequent forfeiture his property under Sec. 82,83,84 &85 of IPCr.
- Issuance of guidelines / instructions for proper implementation of the COFEPOSA Act, 1974.
- All matters relating to subordinate legislation under COFEPOSA Act, 1974.
- Compilation of statistics of detention.
- Dealing with Criminal Writ Petition filed by or on behalf of the detenus in the various High Courts.
- Dealing with Special Leave Petition against Judgment of various High Courts filed before the Supreme Court.
- Dealing with the matter of appointment of Counsel and hold conference and discussion with them.
- Dealing with filing of counter affidavits and to attend the date of hearing.
- Scrutiny of the Opinion of Advisory Board and also judgments of the Courts in Detention cases for proper formulation of Policy/Guidelines for proper implementation of COFEPOSA Act, 1974.
- Dealing with reports of detention of persons made by State/Union Territory Governments and furnish them its compliance.
The work of Coordination Section of CEIB includes the followings:-
- Organizing the meeting of EIC and Working Group under the chairmanship of the Hon’ble FM and the Revenue Secretary respectively and associated follow up action.
- Monitoring of performance of 30 REICs which are nodal agencies for exchange of information at the regional level.
- Economic Intelligence work relating to Income Tax Evasion, Financial/Capital Markets, Insurance/Real Estate,Benami Property, SFIO, Corporate Affairs, FIU.
- Coordinating training programmes in specialized training institutes on different subjects for the officers of the Department of Revenue and other Law Enforcement Agencies.
Economic Intelligence (EI) Division is core division of CEIB dealing with matters fundamental to functioning of the Bureau in light of its mandate.
Its functioning includes:
- Collection & development of intelligence inputs on economic offences and dissemination with Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) including intelligence having security implications,
- Coordination between various agencies for coordinating action and repository of economic intelligence (ECOINT);
- Contribute immensely for the Bureau in being a ‘think tank’ for the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance on all issues relating to economic offences